This season is symbolic of new beginnings. What are you doing with this natural urge to do better / be better? Have you been a bit of a hermit during the colder and darker months? Has your body and mind become stagnant?
Maybe a detoxification of both is in order?
It doesn’t need to be anything drastic;
- go on a juice fast
- promise to meditate for 10 minutes each day
- drink herbal tea in the morning instead of coffee
- give up something unhealthy (smoking, alcohol, sugar, a bad relationship, a hurtful thought)
- clean out your wardrobe and donate what you don’t wear
- forgive that which is poisoning your soul
- cut your hair
- start a new and exciting exercise regime
- volunteer at your local shelter or orphanage
- paint your nails a bright and happy colour
- work outside for a bit instead of at your desk
- have a detox bath every day for a week
- go to your local park after work instead of to the gym
- eat a salad for lunch
- drink ice cold water with lemon
- pick some flowers and give them to someone unexpected
- wear a brightly coloured dress or shirt to work instead of black and white
- do calf raises whilst you brush your teeth
- eat a raw food diet for a few days or for the entire month of September if you can
- leave for work ten minutes earlier to miss the traffic
- smile more
- book a weekend away somewhere beautiful and rejuvenating
- enter a race and work out a dedicated training program to prepare for it
Basically, do anything that is different and refreshing!
Enjoy life and feel LIGHT in mind, body and spirit!